List Serve Information
- Certify Your Email Addresses (add new email addresses)
- Search the List Archive
- Post a Message
- Change List Settings (change your email address, mail delivery options, etc...)
To Activate or Renew a List Serve Account:
Read the List Serve Rules and Joint Prosecution/Confidentiality Agreement. Sign and return only the signature page to complete your activation. Fax completed signature page to (213) 487-1224 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To join any of CAALA's List Serves you must maintain current status as a plaintiff attorney member of the Association.
The Joint Prosecution/Confidentiality Agreement form must be signed on an annual basis. Please note, even if you renew your membership dues, your list serve(s) will not reactivate until we receive your completed Signature Page. Once your membership has been verified you will receive notification and instructions via e-mail about your list serve subscription(s).
CAALA Offers Four Attorney Member-Only List Serves
(included with attorney membership, no additional fee required)
CAALA-LAW List Serve
CAALA-LAW List Serve is for CAALA Attorney Members to confidentially exchange important work-product information and advice with each other, relating to: trial strategy, references and background of experts, judges, defense attorneys, defendants, arbitrators, and mediators; case evaluation information; recent developments in the law; court rules; pleadings; tactics; attorney referrals, legal research, legal questions and other attorney work-product information.
CAALA-LIFE List Serve
CAALA-LIFE List Serve is for CAALA Attorney Members to confidentially exchange experiences, ideas and information related to their legal practice or the business of law that may not be defined as work-product. Examples include: congratulatory messages, questions and comments relating to products and services, employment opportunities, office space rentals, and messages about individual experiences related to the practice of law.
CAALA-POL List Serve
CAALA-POL List Serve is for CAALA Attorney Members to confidentially exchange messages that are a civil exchange of information, ideas and opinions regarding politics (local, state, national or international); current events, religion and non-legal general topics that are of interest to the CAALA membership.
CAALA-NEWLAWYER List Serve
CAALA-NEWLAWYER List Serve is for Attorney members of CAALA who have been admitted to the practice of law for less than 10 years to confidentially communicate and exchange with each other information, ideas, advice, guidance, etc. related to the practice of law.
List Serve Help
Click here to watch a TrialSmith Webinar on "How to Maximize your List Serve Accounts." This webinar will show you how to use the list serve to share tips and legal strategies, find critical information on experts by searching list archives, manage your message delivery settings and post messages online from any computer.
Common Questions & Concerns from CAALA Members:
- What happened, I stopped receiving list serve messages? Have you renewed your membership and did you return your completed signature page? Remember this must be done on an annual basis. Call CAALA to verify, (213) 487-1212.
- How do I unsubscribe to a list serve? Open a list serve message and click "Unsubscribe" at the very bottom middle of the list serve message.
- I can't remember my login information. Contact CAALA at email@example.com or (213) 487-1212 to receive an email with this information.
- Frustrated with too much email? You have several options for receiving mail messages, including not receiving any messages at all. Visit the Change List Settings web page and select "vacation mode" which means you won't receive any messages in your inbox. However, you can view all messages and responding to messages by logging in to caala.org.
- I'm experiencing technical difficulties. For all technical issues, contact our list serve host, TrialSmith, at (800) 443-1757.
All of the following questions can be answered by visiting the Change List Settings web page which allows you to make changes to your list serve preferences and mail delivery settings without having to call CAALA or TrialSmith.
- I am going on vacation, can you put my emails on hold?
- How do I change the email address I use for the list serve?
- How do I post a message to the list?
Create sub-folders for CAALA's List Serve Messages:
Save time, reduce frustration and keep your email inbox clean by setting up sub-folders specifically for CAALA's list serve messages.
For Outlook users follow these steps to set-up a folder specifically for list serve messages.
- In your Outlook, create a new folder and title it (ex: CAALA-LAW List Server or CAALA-LIFE)
- Go to the top menu bar, click Tools then Rules & Alerts
- On the e-mail rules tab, click New Rule
- Select "move messages with specific words in the subject to a folder"
- Click the underlined phrase "specific words", enter the exact subject: [caala-law] or [caala-life], include the [ ] signs
- Click the underlined phrase "specified folder", click add new folder
- Click next to continue and follow the remaining prompt messages to activate the new rule and folder.